Self-Guided Cycling Tours around Chiang Mai
Our popular, self-guided cycling tours around Chiang Mai have already successfully been operated for a couple of years. We offer unsupported cycling for 3 days (minimum) to 14 days and these trips have the advantage that you can start whenever you want (if accommodations are available). It's an eco-friendly and a more adventurous way of exploring parts of northern Thailand. Prices are more than competitive and the tours are also suitable for families with children. For young children, we have bicycle trailers, trailer bikes with 6 gears and children's mountain bikes with front suspension and 21 gears. Bicycles for both men and women as well as tandems are available. Whereas guided tours can only be booked with a minimum number of participants, self-guided tours are also available for individual travelers.
- adapted mountain bikes, also know as comfort bikes, with 24 gears and front suspension, rack and rear waterproof "Ortlieb" panniers, cyclometer, inner tubes, repair kit and pump.
- very good accommodations (mostly with swimming pool) with breakfast.
- very detailed route descriptions with the best guide book and map of the Chiangmai area.
- helmet, local insurance and back-up if necessary.
- The use of GPS or other tracking devices is not allowed on our cycling tours.
- We do not rent out bicycles and we do not sell route descriptions either.
- The half day, full day and two day cycling tours are only operated as guided tours.
- We do not oprerate roadbike or mountainbike tours.
- This is an unsupported, self-guided tour, meaning you will take your own luggage in the waterproof paniers that we provide you with. Extra luggage, not needed for the tour, can be stored at our office if you don't return to the same hotel after the tour.
- If this is the your first cycling trip in the region, we strongly recommend you to join us on a guided half day cycling tour (CNX-CLHS) before. On this guided half day tour, you will get a lot of useful local information and it will also allow us to adjust your bikes a little before you start your self-guided tour.
Our self-guided cycling tours
We have a wide range of self-guided tours available. Take a look at our very popular self-guided tours specified below.
If you are considering a self-guided tour and wish some more detailed information about our other tours, click the "Information" button and fill out the form.
Please take a look at our FAQ-page. You might find some answers to your questions already.
A satisfied customer said:
We have just returned back to the UK from Thailand. I wanted to let you know we had a great time. Really enjoyed the cycling and the countryside was lovely, it really made the trip. Both of the hotels were great, it was a good surprise not knowing where we were going to end up. I have some great photos. I would not hesitate to recommended your services to my clients. Thanks again. Regards,
Nicola and Edwin, UK